Following the latest government announcement, we are pleased to announce that the center officially reopened on Monday, March 8!
Bouldering and routes are accessible, paused memberships have been restarted as of March 8 and our hours of operation have been changed. The center closes at 9:00 p.m. every day in order to respect the 9:30 p.m. curfew.
Please note that we are only resuming the top rope and lead courses for the moment.
Given the uncertain nature of the current situation, procedures may be modified without prior notice. All of our efforts are aimed at ensuring the health and safety of our clients and staff while ensuring an enjoyable experience.
Wash your hands
Wash your hands on arrival and between each climb, as much as possible. We have installed an extra sink in the entrance. The bathrooms will remain open to access the sinks.
Face and rope
Many lead climbers have the habit of holding the rope in their mouth during parts of the climb. Because of COVID-19 and for many other hygienic reasons, we ask to please break this habit! Restrain from touching your face as much as possible.
Powdered magnesia is no longer accepted. You may use liquid magnesia (available at the front desk).
Update : Balled chalk is now allowed for top rope climbing! We continue to encourage you to use liquid chalk as much as possible at the start. And for the boulders, we continue to use liquid chalk!
Wearing a mask at all time is now mandatory for both adults and children. Prioritize medical masks over other types.
Clothing and shoes
We no longer allow bare feet or bare chest in the gym. You must bring indoor shoes to wear in between your climbs.
*REMEMBER TO RESPECT THE 2 METER DISTANCE
Before your arrival
- If you have any symptoms of a cold or flu, please stay home.
- You must make your reservation online before coming to the center.
- Use only one bag for your climbing gear and bring indoor shoes.
- Bring your mask and your liquid chalk or purchase some at the front desk.
- Already be wearing your climbing apparel.
Upon arrival and check-in
- Once inside, wash your hands at the sink in the lobby.
- You must already be changed and ready to climb. We are trying to limit the amount of traffic in and out of the washrooms/change rooms.
- The interaction with the employees upon your arrival may be limited to the check-in only. All questions, purchase or rentals will take place after all climbers have been checked-in.
During your session
- Wash your hands as often as possible.
- Only use liquid chalk.
- Limit traffic and use of washrooms and change rooms.
- Respect the direction of flow in the stairwells and throughout the centre.
- Respect the 2 meter social distancing rule.
- Avoid touching your face as much as possible.
On your way out
- Leave the premises 5 minutes before the end of your time slot to limit contact with the next group.
Our business hours have been modified to respect the 9:30 p.m. curfew. The center therefore closes every day at 9:00 pm.
The participants or staff members who receive positive COVID-19 test results within 14 days of visiting Vertige is asked to please contact us by phone or by email.
Only liquid chalk is permitted until further notice. Please leave your chalk bags at home. The alcohol content between 60-99.9% depending on the manufacturer has been shown to contribute to hand disinfection. As we all touch the same holds and the powdered chalk spreads much more in the air – regardless of the fact that French Blow is a classic among some climbers, the use of liquid chalk is an obvious choice.
We suggest writing your name on your tube of chalk. Podium by Flashed is available for purchase at our centre.
When making your reservation you will be able to see the number of items available per time slot. You will thus have the exact number of people on site for the time slot. You can consult the reservation tool to find out about the traffic. We are restricted to 50 people per hour. There are 25 time slots available per hour.
The minimum! Without powder chalk.
- Indoor shoes or sandals
- Climbing gear
- Water bottle
- Reservation bar code
- Accreditation bar code
- Climbing apparel
For the moment, we have cancelled all promotions (Monday Ladies, Afternoon Climbs, etc.)
For purchases of 10 punch passes or memberships please see our staff on site.